I’ve always been an advocate of building long-term wealth through property, sensible leverage and maximising legitimate tax benefits.
Choosing the right property is only half the strategy.
How you finance it, structure it and manage your cash flow can be just as important as the property you buy.
Property is generally a long-term investment. Yet the early years can put real pressure on your cash flow.
Your savings buffer starts disappearing.
The rent doesn’t cover the interest and other costs.
Strata calls a special levy.
Interest rates rise.
Every repayment starts to hurt.
And eventually you start thinking:
“Maybe I should just sell.”
But selling a good property because of short-term cash-flow pressure can turn a temporary financing problem into a permanent investment decision.
Before you sell, ask yourself:
- Do I have the right loan and interest rate?
- Is my debt structured effectively?
- Can I improve my monthly cash flow?
- Have I maximised the available tax benefits with my accountant?
- Have I modelled this investment over 10–20 years, rather than just looking at today’s cash flow?
- Does selling actually improve my long-term position—or simply relieve the pressure today?
A property portfolio can take years to build.
Before dismantling it, it may be worth reviewing the property, lending, cash flow and long-term strategy together.
At BSI Finance, we help property owners review their lending and finance strategy to see whether there is a better way to structure their debt, improve cash flow and protect the assets they have worked hard to build.
Thinking of selling an investment property because the repayments are hurting?
Before you put it on the market, talk to me.
A finance review may uncover options you haven’t considered.
Visit www.bsifinance.com.au and contact me for a confidential discussion.
Credit assistance is subject to lender criteria and individual circumstances. Tax matters should be discussed with your qualified tax adviser.
No comments:
Post a Comment